Editors shape how what we read and how we read it. Not simply by curating an anthology, but by defining the themes of a collection, commissioning new work, and resurrecting and reprinting deep cuts from the past to make them available once again. An editor’s knowledge and acumen inform and define their contribution not only to what Lovecraftian and Mythos fiction is published, but how it is perceived. As such, editors are as worthy a subject to examine as Mythos authors and their works.
The Editor Spotlight is an occasional feature which will zoom in and examine select editors, to delve into their philosophy and relationship with the Mythos, and what their impact has been on Lovecraftian fiction. A couple of these editors have also agreed to original interviews, answering our questions about their experience editing Lovecraftian and Mythos fiction.
- Editor Spotlight: Interview with Carrie Cuinn
- Editor Spotlight: Ellen Datlow
- Editor Spotlight: Paula Guran
- Editor Spotlight: Interview with Lynne Jamneck
- Editor Spotlight: Linda Lovecraft
- Editor Spotlight: Dorothy McIlwraith, Mary Gnaedinger, & Cele Goldsmith Lalli
- Editor Spotlight: Silvia Moreno-Garcia & Paula R. Stiles
- Editor Spotlight: Joyce Carol Oates
- Editor Spotlight: W. H. Pugmire
- Editor Spotlight: Christine Campbell Thomson